Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A LESSON FROM MY SON

Life has been and always will be full of ups and downs. As the famous line in the story Forest Gump goes " Life is a box of chocolate, you'll never know what you're gonna get." I am quite sure, you can all relate to that famous one-liner. We all have our share of topsy-turvy moments.And at one time or another, we have sighed and murmured this line, " ohhh life.Why is it so unfair? The world is so cruel" Indeed, life becomes so taxing sometimes. Ever wonder why some people opted to end their life?? Maybe it's becasue they are tired of living the kind of life that they have.Maybe, they have become tired of finding meaning for their existence. Maybe, they no longer see life the way God intended it to be seen. Perhaps you will ask, how does God want me to see life?

Last May 1-3, my eldest son togetether with Gerry and I attended the 12th Internationla Kids Village in Sta. Cruz Laguna. It was our first ever IKV. Me and my husband were so excited prior to the conference because it will be the first time that we will attend a conference together with our eldest son. Gerrymie Florel, Gelo as we call him is not the typical five year-old boy. He is very sweet and thinks quite matured for his age. And mind you, he has superb interpersonal skills. He can relate to children and adults alike. He is also fond of singing Praise and Worship songs.So when it was time for the Praisefest during the conference, i was really very happy seeing him raise his hands and sing. It was really a sight to behold. But it didn't end there. The worship leader asked the kids to close their eyes and think of the number one blessing in their life and instructed them to raise their right hand when they are done doing so. After aminute, Gelo raised his right hand. feeling curious, I asked him what is his number one blessing. My son with his very young and innocent mind looked at me and replied "my life mama".

I was moved by his answer... So, if you feel like life is so unfair..that you're sick and tired of it. If you're having thoughts that life is not worth living at all..THINK again! A lesson that I have learned from my son is this: "Life no matter how difficult is still and will always be a blessing." Don't you think that is the way God wants life to be seen?



Gelo during the praisefest

No comments: